As part of the ‘bags weekly challenge I decided to cook scallops this weekend. Now this is something I’ve been wanting to try for ages and ages but Mr C is not a fishy man at all but I persuaded him with a starter sized portion and combining it Nigella style with Chorizo. Very quick & simple – I enjoyed it & would love to try scallops again.
For mains I cooked something that was on my To Do list – Spicy Chicken with Aubergine and Naans:
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 1/2 lime, juice only
- salt and pepper
- 2 chicken breasts, boned, skinned, halved horizontally and flattened slightly
- 1 small aubergine, sliced horizontally into eight
- Natural low fat yoghurt (we used a small pot)
- 1in piece cucumber, diced
- 1/2 tsp mint, chopped
- 4 mini naan breads (or 2 normal sized)
- fresh coriander
- lime wedges to garnish
- To make the marinade, combine the oil, cumin, ground coriander, ginger, chopped coriander, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and chill for 15 minutes (though I left for about an hour)
- Brush the aubergine with oil, season and grill on both sides until golden.
- Grill the chicken for about 12 minutes until golden. Slice into pieces.
- Make the dressing by mixing the yoghurt, cucumber, mint and seasoning.
- Warm the naan and layer the aubergine, chicken pieces and yoghurt dressing on top.
- Garnish with coriander and lime wedges (if you remember before you eat!!)
It really was very tasty and something we’ll have again.